Today the Liberals are celebrating six months since being sworn into office. But while Liberals are cheering and patting each other on the back, they continue to deny their own failures and broken promises. Whether managing Canada’s economy, governing ethically, supporting Canada’s military or representing Canada on the international stage, the Liberal record of failures and broken promises speaks for itself. Liberals have:
The Canadian economy
· Broken their promise to keep deficit spending under $10 billion annually.
· Broken their promise to keep taxes low for middle-class Canadians. In fact the Liberals are raising taxes on Canadian families and small businesses by:
o Ending tax credits for children’s arts and sports activities; and
o Cancelling a scheduled small businesses tax cut which will cost small business owners more than $2 billion dollars in extra taxes.
· Misled Canadians by denying that the Conservatives left Bill Morneau with a surplus, despite confirmation from the Minister’s own officials and the Parliamentary Budget Officer.
· Allowed the Justice Minister to attend a high-priced pay-to-play fundraiser in Toronto with Bay Street lawyers.
· Defended the Trade Minister after she spent almost $20,000 of taxpayers’ money on an all-inclusive vanity trip to Hollywood.
· Appointed a Justice Minister who has a significant interest in her husband’s lobbying firm.
Supporting Canada’s military
· Cut $3.7 billion from the military procurement budget.
· Failed to stand with our allies in the fight against ISIS by ending our combat mission and withdrawing our CF-18s.
· Plunged the Canadian Armed Forces into uncertainty with a “defence review” that will focus on a “leaner” military, which will inevitably mean further cuts.
Representing Canada on the international stage
· Failed to stand with our ally Israel with their move to normalize relations with Iran, a state sponsor of terror that has explicitly called for Israel to be wiped off the map.
· Failed to stand with Ukraine in the face of unwarranted and illegal Russian military aggression by moving to normalize and improve relations with Vladimir Putin.
· Failed to stand with the millions of people around the world who are persecuted because of their faith by closing the Office of Religious Freedom.
Do you like this post?