Funding supports community-based projects empowering seniors to share their knowledge, skills and experience
May 12, 2017 – Thornhill, Ontario
The Hon. Kent, Member of Parliament for Thornhill, is encouraging local organizations to propose projects that are led or inspired by seniors and present an innovative and creative approach to address community concerns.
The Government of Canada will fund approved projects through New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) call for proposals Community Based Projects, now open.
In a personal message to his constituency, Mr. Kent stated:
“Since 2006, funding under the New Horizons for Seniors Program has provided the needed resources that help local groups to plan programs for seniors. I encourage all local community groups to participate in this program, recognizing the value of the role of seniors in building and sustaining Thornhill.”
Eligible organisations may receive up to $25,000.
Projects must address one or more of the program's five objectives:
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others;
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors; and
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and/or programs for seniors.
Deadline: June 23, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time
For more information on the NHSP, visit esdc.gc.ca/seniors.
Please do not hesitate to contact Peter Kent’s constituency office at 905-886-9911, should you require guidance relating to this announcement.